Self care isn’t selfish
Have you ever craved for more ‘me time’ but feel guilty? Time and money stops you in your tracks and you convince yourself your time is better spent elsewhere. Deep down we know caring for ourselves will benefit those around us but we feel selfish and guilty for doing something self-caring. Am I right ladies?
We need to change the way you see self-care, from a selfish guilt ridden task to a commitment to honour yourself as the beautiful person you are. It’s time to make a decision to allocate time for you, let those close to you know and put away funds (if needed) to make this possible. I’m curious if time and money were no concern what would you love to do for yourself?
Self care doesn’t need to be an expensive holiday or even a whole day to yourself, self care can be a simple easy to fit into your everyday life kind of task. What’s important is that your making uninterrupted time for you and not feeling one little bit guilty about it.
26 self loving tasks just for you
I challenge you to think about how you can bring more self-care into your life with these 20 tasks that can fit into your everyday life;
- Take a bath
- Write in your journal
- Walk in nature
- Read a book
- Listen to music
- Rest your legs up a wall
- Take a nap
- Go for a swim
- Go for a walk and pick a bunch of wild flowers
- Wander around town
- Sit on the grass
- Go to a market
- Go for a drive
- Light a candle and sit quietly
- Get creative with arts and crafts
- Use aromatherapy
- Take a yoga or pilates class
- Put on your fave tunes and dance like no one is watching
If you feel like you need a whole lot more self-care or more time to yourself, try these suggestions;
- Book yourself a massage package
- Enrol in a series of mediation or yoga nidra classes
- Book yourself a cabin in the middle of the rainforest for a few days
- Book a yoga retreat in Bali
- Enrol in a personal development course
- Book yourself a self love coaching session
Fall in love with taking care of yourself (mind, body & soul) and trust me you and those around you will thank you for it.
What does your guilt free self loving time look like?